Setting up your baby's nursery, especially for the first time can be an exciting, but sometimes overwhelming experience. From browsing Pinterest boards, scrolling through YouTube vlogs and browsing online, you can soon become confused about what you actually need to set-up your nursery space. Here’s 5 things we always tell new parents to include on their nursery check-list!
1. A functional cot: Babies grow, and quickly! Having a cot that grows as your tiny human does makes a lot of sense. With its minimalist design, the Leander Linea Cot converts from a cot to a junior bed, and later into a smart sofa
2. Somewhere comfortable to sit: You’ll spend many days, evenings and nights feeding, soothing and sitting with your little one, so ensuring you have somewhere comfortable is a must. Ergonomically designed for ultimate comfort while feeding your baby, the Quax Deluxe Rocking Chair is the perfect addition to your nursery.
3. A safe place to change your baby: When changing your baby, you want somewhere safe, comfortable and easy to clean. You’ll also want somewhere to store wipes, nappies and burp clothes. We love the Boori 3 Tier Changer for its ease and convenience. Or, simply turn your chest of drawers or any other flat surface into a change table with the Leander Matty Change Mat and you’ll be able to clean your baby hassle free! No washing, just simply wipe down and use again and again.
4. A dimmed light for feeding, changing and checking on bub: Keeping the lights low is a must-have for our little ones who are still getting used to day and night. In the early days, there will be lots of night-time feeds and nappy changes. We recommend the Tommee Tippee Gro Egg 2 because it has 3 light settings and a digital thermometer to make sure your tiny human is comfortable at all times.
5. Somewhere to practice tummy time: Tummy time starts fairly early on in your babies life, and having somewhere safe to practice in the nursery is recommended. We love the Kip and Co Quilted Play Mats because of there super soft materials and colorful designs. They can then double as a picnic blanket as your baby gets older!